Friday, March 9, 2012

Weekly Report

This week we switched the schedule around a bit. Instead of doing school while Digby and Chuck were napping, we included Digby in our routine and did it while Chuck was napping. It sure worked a lot better that way.

We did three days at home, then Pigby went to school on Thursday. Each day at home was a variation on what I described in my previous post. We did handwriting, grammar, spelling, math, and WWE. In math, he did his lesson 5 test and got 100%. Lesson six is counting to 100 and skip counting by 10s. He does NOT like the fact that he has to count and write that many numbers that many times. I may just let him count and I'll write them. I may let him skip a few pages if he can at least count that high.

For spelling, I found someone who made their own tiles for AAS. Which is helpful, since his school has completely spaced my request for the deluxe kit. At this point, I am throwing my hands up in the air about that. I printed the tiles off on cardstock and will laminate them and call it good. I will have to improvise something else about the box to hold all the cards. Until then, he's just been writing his words on the white board and spelling them out loud.

Grammar still seems to be his least favorite. He likes the poems though. We started a new one this week, the one about hearts being opened by keys.

WWE and cursive are going well. My previous post has some of his samples posted. He's doing far better than I expected with the cursive.

I am determined to start geography and science next week. That means I totally need to get my act together and plan them out. I had gone through my Galloping the Globe cdrom and was going to print out a ton of pages. But then I figured, "Meh, forget that." I'm just going to let him write in the actual book. I figure if I really like it, I can always print out the pages from the cd for Digby. I'm not really doing much in the way of following the program anyway. I just got books from the library about different countries and we're just going to color and fill in some of the pages about that. I'm not even going to bother with the books GTG has listed. Science scares me. We might push that back another week or so until we've got the geography thing down pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment