Friday, February 15, 2013

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted.  I really want to do better about the Weekly Report.  It's nice to see that we've been doing something, even if it's not always as much as I want.

We've been super sick the past week.  All of us have been hit.  Pigby had an ear infection.  As soon as he was done, Chuck developed one.  Our car battery died this week as well, so we had to get a ride to Urgent Care w/ my brother and SIL.  We've had to walk to the grocery store and pharmacy, which thankfully, aren't too far.

MONDAY

Before we took our break, we had started Step 6 in AAS 2.  Yesterday we reviewed Steps 1-5.  Two days ago, Pigby told me that he likes AAS when I let him use the tiles and don't tell him to stop playing with them.  So I said, I would stop telling him to stop playing with them if he would do it faster.  So yesterday he got to play with the tiles and I wasn't nagging him to hurry.  I should get a video of what he does, it's pretty cute and very creative. 

We took a snack break and he wanted to watch Star Wars.  DH had him watch a Blue Planet documentary first.  We saw dolphins and sharks, fish, krill, whales, etc.  The sad part came when a group of orcas attacked a baby gray whale.  It was pretty intense and bloody.  We let Pigby skip over that part.

Then we watched Star Wars again.  He loves Star Wars.  We recently let him watch Empire Strikes Back for the first time.  He says he liked it, but hasn't asked to watch it again.

TUESDAY

Today was Pigby's birthday.  He's now seven years old!!!  School today consisted of handwriting practice.  He's writing thank you letters for Christmas presents he got.  His handwriting is definitely not as good as it used to be.  Hopefully with practice it will get better again.

Then he threw more fits about having to do more school work, so he watched more Blue Planet/Planet Earth documentaries.

WEDNESDAY

It seems as though our school work this week is just reviewing thing so we can get caught up again.  I hate review as it seems like a waste of time, but I'm coming to realize just how essential breaks are, so I'll just have to accept the review that goes along with breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment