Tuesday, December 2, 2014

November 17-21

Brenden has decided he no longer wants to do the videos. To make my life easier, I'll just do dailies.

::EDIT:: We went through and did a thorough detailed list of everything he did every day. Even though, I saved it a million times as I was typing, blogger lost it. Now, I can't even remember what happened. I'll do my best.

Monday-He did PLL and math. Then during his break, he and the littles made a blanket fort. They were playing so nicely together that I didn't interrupt them. I don't know what the heck happened during the rest of the day.

Tuesday-He did math, PLL, spelling, cursive, reading, poetry, and history.

Poetry, he learned about nonsense verse. These are fun or silly things that don't always make sense. Sometimes the poet even makes up their own words.

PLL, he did some dictation sentences in cursive. The sentences came from one of Aesop's Fables and is about a cat and some mice that live in the barn. The mice have a meeting to talk about how to get rid of the cat.
Spelling- he learned some new words. The lesson was on the two ways to spell the long /u/ sound and two ways to spell the /z/ sound.

Wednesday was our day off. He went to science class in Orem.

Thursday-The only other paperwork I can find with a date on it (besides math), is PLL. He did a lesson on horses and had to fill in "have" or "has." We also did our first lesson of grammar. I decided that PLL wasn't teaching enough explicit grammar so I bought First Language Lessons Level 3. The first lesson was about nouns. He's learning what they are and how to identify them.

Friday-For PLL, he had to do composition sentences on his own. PLL gave him a list of animals and for each animal, he had to write a complete sentence about it. He did this in cursive. He also practiced typing. He's finished all the lessons on Dancemat, but I'm having him go over the last one so he can get more practice.


History-he read Pocahontas and the Strangers. Pocahontas went and spied on the white men and the white men went and spied on the natives. John Smith was captured by the natives.
Math this entire week was spent on skip counting by nines. This is to prepare him for multiplying by nines. Mr. Demme taught him a trick to easily get the answer to the nine times tables. There was some multiplying fractions practice. He completed all six worksheets from the lesson and took his test on Friday and got 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment