Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekly Review Jan 5-9

Monday-Today is not going so well. I slept in and the kids are being disobedient about doing their chores, especially Malcolm.

Brenden did Math. He did his lesson 11 test, he did the practice runs on Xtramath.org and he did a few problems in Challenging Word Problems.

He did English as well. He wrote his list of spelling words after I read them to him. He got them all correct. We also started a new grammar lesson, but didn't finish. He's starting to learn about the difference between proper nouns and common nouns. He had fifteen minutes left of school, so I gave him what I thought would be an easy PLL assignment. He had to answer a few questions about a picture. I left the school room to go fold laundry and when I came back, he had written, "I don't know" or drew an arrow from the question to the answer in the picture. Punk. I'll be making him redo this one.

That's about all we got in for Monday. Starting school back up with him and Malcolm and Harper being crazy is like pulling teeth.

TUESDAY

He did math. He is being extremely difficult today. Whining and crying over everything. *sigh* *deep breaths*

Fortunately at Cub Scouts he was fairly good. I'm his new den leader now, before he moves out. My co leader and I taught the boys about trash and recycling and taking care of the environment. We also read them three different books about about various people who are trying to help the environment. We learned about Wangari Maathai, John Muir, and Rachel Carson. I'm counting that for this week's history.

WEDNESDAY

We had to wake up early to take Corey to work. Corey's carpool fell through, so now we have to take him to work, then drive half an hour back home. It's going to be really hard. While Brenden was at science class, the little two went with me to the party store and the cub scout store. Brenden has now completed his Wolf and is moving into Bears, so we got him his new book.

After we picked Corey up from work, we took him to his meeting, dropped him off, then went to play at the park.

THURSDAY

 I can't even remember what we did this day. I assume there was more whining and a page of math. It was also his birthday. He turned 9.

FRIDAY

He spent most of the day reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. He got books 1-5 for his birthday and he's only ever read 1-4. He's obsessed.

I'm going to try to keep better notes next week as we go so that I can put in more details. All I remember about this week was fighting tooth and nail to get him to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment