Tuesday, April 14, 2015

March 23-27

MONDAY

In typing, Brenden practiced for about 20 minutes. I know he had to play a game and in order to win he had to get 5wpm more than his goal. I don't know if he won that or not.

In French, he did the lesson on pronunciation. He got 100% on that. I think he's still redoing the pages if he gets them incorrect the first time. I am ok with this as it seems to be helping him in the long run to redo them immediately.

In history, he finished up Pocahontas and the Strangers. Pocahontas dies at the end. He also read Sign of the Beaver. In it, Attean tells Matt what happened to his parents. We also learned about some of the Native Americans that were living here at the time of Columbus's arrival.

In math, I'm trying to get him to go faster and stop dawdling. I set the timer for 15 minutes and told him to concentrate for just 15 minutes and then he could be done for the day. It started out ok, but then in the middle, I needed to go chase younger siblings who'd escaped outside. When I came back, he was dawdling and unfocused, but he still managed to finish one page in MUS without me getting frustrated at him.

In English, we did grammar and writing. He learned about apostrophes and how they can turn nouns into adjectives. He learned how to do singular possessive and plural possessive words with apostrophes. In writing he had to answer a few questions about cows, but he had to make sure the answers were in complete sentences.

Then after quiet time today, he had his first piano lesson with a teacher other than myself. He said he loved it. All in all a good day, other than a few interruptions from the younger siblings.


TUESDAY

He did typing and French on the computer. He also did math practice facts on xtramath. And we did history.


WEDNESDAY


Today is our day off. He went to science class.



THURSDAY

He did typing and French on the computer. He is practicing math facts on xtramath. He's struggling with some of the weirder multiplication tables, so I'm taking a break from it so he can shore up his addition and subtraction facts. Hopefully that will help him move forward.



FRIDAY
 

The kids had homeschool PE today. They came home and spent the rest of the day outside. Brenden wanted to set up a lemonade stand, so I let him. He stayed out there for hours tending it. I made the lemonade and he did everything else. By the end of the day, he made $8.25.




We've started doing narrations for history. It takes longer, but he seems to be able to remember more from his readings this way. I still write for him because he hates writing with a passion. But here's some samples from this week. I think he's doing pretty well at remembering the important points.







No comments:

Post a Comment